Location : Berlin, Germany
Benefits : Visa sponsor, Offer Relocation
Speak the language like you’ve always wanted to.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 450 team members from over 39 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
Changing the way the language learning is done is a great challenge, so we are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Berlin office.
We love to see what you make of your role, but to start with we want you to do the following:
- In a team of Data Analyst, you execute prescriptive data analyses and models that drive business and functional decisions in Product and Marketing.
- You plan and execute experiments that facilitate learning and accelerate customer value through Product or CRM.
- To optimize operational tasks and drive growth, you design and implement reports and data visualizations.
- Supporting our quest to drive customer value, you model customer and learning behaviors, as well as revenue conversion flows.
- You love creating compelling stories around data-based insights, which make Babbel a more insightful organization.
Skills & Requirements
- 3 years or more of data analysis experience, preferably for an online business
- Proficient in at least one Data Science Toolkit like R or Python. We use Python
- Proven track record of transforming data into actionable insights
- You will need experience with managing stakeholder expectations
- Working proficiency in English will be needed to navigate the international environment of Babbel – you also speak a foreign language if English is your native tongue
- Programming experience is considered a plus
- Experience with the build-measure-learn cycle is a plus
- Work directly with our unique language learning data
- Responsibility from day one
- Participate in hackdays and technology brown-bags
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlinpyt
Lesson Nine is the company behind Babbel – the market-leading app for language learning. With the Babbel app, anyone can learn a language. On smartphones, tablets, or on the web, the learning experience can be customized to every individual.
Whether on the go in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. It is the only language learning app whose content is specifically created by a team of professional didacts, authors and language teachers for each and every language and skill level.
At Babbel’s Berlin headquarters, over 300 team members from 28 different countries work to constantly improve the app. And it’s paying off: every hour over 1,300 new users register with Babbel.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?