According to Oxfam report, it was discovered that Gates could be the first trillionaire in 2042. The reports stated that Gate fortune has risen 50 percent or 25 percent billion since he left Microsoft in 2006 and the fortune is growing at 11 percent per year since 2009.
Winnie Byanyima, Executive director of Oxfam International said that “It is obscene for so much wealth to be held in the hands so few when 1 in 10 people survive on less than $2 a day. Inequality is trapping hundreds of millions in poverty : it is fracturing our societies and undermining democracy”.
Wealth calculations by Forbes’ billionaire list last published in March 2016.
- Bill Gates net worth $75 billion
- Amancio Ortega net worth $67 billion
- Warren Buffet net worth $60.8 billion
- Carlos Slim Helu net worth $50 billion
- Jeff Bezos net worth $45.2 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg net worth $44.6 billion
- Larry Ellison net worth $43.6 billion
- Micheal Bloomberg net worth $40 billion